Sunday, May 19, 2013

Glorious

Sweet Baby,
There's so much I don't know. There's so much God is teaching me every day.  I am so, so tired.  Being your momma has meant lots of learning and little sleep for me, but I know God is refining me, making me a better person through you.  Refining is hard, becoming a better person is painful, but it is for His glory.

I can't write much because your Daddy insists, wisely, that I get to bed very soon.  But this is the first chance I've had in a while, and I want to let you know a few little truths.

You will struggle with friendships in your life.  We all do.  But there will come a moment when you realize that He has surrounded you with exactly the people you need.  Friendships have caused me a lot of pain in my life, and there's been much I haven't understood.  However, I stand here today knowing that I am surrounded my amazing, AMAZING women of God.  Women whom he has placed in my life, on purpose, to lift me up and point me to Him when I'm struggling.  We are all so imperfect, but we are all loving each other in Christ, and that is beautiful.

You will struggle with things you don't *want* or didn't have *planned* in your life.  God reigns true over everything.  This world is His.  The plan He has for you is not flawed.  It is perfect.  That doesn't mean it won't be hard or confusing, or even downright miserable sometimes.  But it is His plan, and all things are for His glory, and he will use your misery for His good.  He makes all things glorious, even if it takes us a while to realize that they truly are.

And a little more about that glorious stuff: He made YOU glorious.  He made ME glorious.  He gloriously ordained that I would be your momma, he gave you to me to shepherd.  I am learning you.  It hasn't been easy, but together we are learning how to be the best we can be for each other.  The relationship we have was created and put in to place by Him, and it is good.  Even when it is hard, it is good, so amazingly good.

I love you, baby girl.  You are more of a blessing to me than you will every be able to comprehend.  You were created for his glory.  You are glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment